Sunday, December 2, 2007

Seizure

J had a a grand mal seizure this morning and was moved to the ICU. At the time I got to the ICU her blood sugar was rising from a low of 23. I am going to try and re-construct exactly what happened tomorrow when I can talk to the attending physician, I was only able to speak with him briefly today.

J's is stabilizing, her blood pressure dropped to the 70's/40's which was probably an endocrine reaction. They have raised it back to a more normal level nearer to the low 100's/60's.

She is unresponsive which I expected. Hopefully she will be awake tomorrow.

3 comments:

Miss Jessica said...

this is soul crushing news. i'm so sorry to hear she had another seizure. was it similar to the ones she had at the house when you were there? kristine and i just got to honolulu, where we'll be for the next week. we were talking tonight about all the good luck, happiness, and health tiki dolls we're going to bring back. ugh. give her our love. we'll be back with the dolls soon.

Unknown said...

Oh my god ... this is just horrible. I'll be ramping up my positive thoughts for you both. Wish I could be there ...

AC said...

Sounds like she may have had a double-whammy of conspiring causes: low blood sugar and withdrawal from meds can both be causes of grand mal seizures (according to what I just Googled).

Man, I'll be hitting F5 frequently on your blog today.