Monday, December 3, 2007

Seizure Update

J is unfortunately still pretty unresponsive. It is impossible for her to stay awake for more than a few words, so they are giving her a cat scan this afternoon. Their first thought was that she suffered a stroke, but she is aware of her environment, correctly answers questions, and has full control of her body so this doesn't appear to be the case. They've had to restrain her because she has pulled out her PICC line twice.

She still had a constant dose of Fentanyl before and after the seizure, so they are leaning away from withdrawal as the candidate.

I was able to make her smile and giggle a bit talking about our cat which at least made me feel a bit better. I'll post again when I learn more.

2 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I am so thankful for your updates. Do YOU need anything? Someone to bring you in something edible? (ie NOT hospital food?). Another Zombie, one for you? A hug?? Dude, just say the word. Don't feel shy. I have a pretty big karmic debt to pay off LOL. It's noooo trouble at all ;-)

Paul said...

Thanks for the thoughts, it actually helps just knowing that people care. I think it would be unbearable for her and I to go through this alone.

If you want to do have a good karma workout, I suggest going to http://www.worldwildlife.org/ and signing some petitions! It's J and my charity of choice.