Friday, January 4, 2008

Wow.


Photo: Wind + Tree = waking me up thinking a plane hit the house.

So I've decided that J should probably be moved outside of Kaiser and into the Health Net network...which includes John Muir. I'm going to talk to J about it tonight, but we've talked about it before and she's been for it. A friend mentioned getting her checked out by UCSF docs which I think is a great idea too.

This will take a little time I'm sure, I want to do it right so that she doesn't end up in some quasi-covered medical state where Kaiser and Health Net disagree who did what and end up doing nothing.


Photo: Not shown is me laughing hysterically...it's so fitting that this should be the only house in the neighborhood that this happened to.

2 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

As if you needed one more thing to deal with...but I must say" Wow! That's impressive! (you really must learn the ol' blogger standard of taking a pic of yourself by sticking your arm way out there, btw)

I am very happy about the news to change med systems. I had dual coverage at the time of my big episode. I used John Muir for the first year until I had to drop the coverage and keep to Kaiser. It was like one day shopping at Nordstroms, and the next day kicking it at Walmart. I also have spent quite a bit of time at UCSF with family members.

I think this is a very good thing.

Unknown said...

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this, but please make sure you check all the ramifications of a move to HealthNet before you do so. I'm not sure how dual coverage works with an HMO and a PPO, but under the usual coordination of coverage provisions, the first plan to kick in is the one who's spouse has the first birthday in the year (in your case, Jen; and yes, this is a stupid rule). If you shift coverage to HealthNet, I don't know how much Kaiser will kick in for payment, and if the coordination of benefits doesn't work, you'll end up having to be personally responsible for at least 20% of Jennie's medical bills at UCSF (plus deductible, plus co-pays). I'm happy to check this out for you, but I'll need copies of your two health plans so I can analyze the coordination of coverage provisions. (Of course, you can do this too, but I'm just offering). I'm certain that taking Jennie out of Kaiser will be a good move - I just want to make sure you don't get screwed financially. Let me know if I can help.