Thursday, January 10, 2008

Updates


Photo: Doctor 'Betsy' shows us how many people she's screwed up this week.

So J is fighting what is probably a resistant staph infection. Her temp has gone up to 104, but is back now to 98. She is having some difficulty in breathing but there is no sign of pneumonia. I am still waiting on a reply to a consult from UCSF, and from my doc.

There was some drama the other night when her Ninja went missing...but he was using his cunning 'under the small of the back' avoidance tactic. Unfortunately we lost Rhubarb the Highland Cow puppet I got for her...apparently it went with the laundry.

That's it...nothing more really to report yet.

Unrelated but important: Who counts your votes?

4 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Ummm...did you ask the Zombie where Rhubarb is?

On another note, there is the doctor I have been following for close to 20 years now. He's written lots of books about nutrition. I was at a lecture last night about the science of food (acidity v. alkalinity), and someone mentioned that this doctor (Dr. Gabriel Cousens) just released a book this week about diet in relation to diabetes. If I recall, he's been working with diabetics for a good number of years out of his clinic in Arizona. He's had proven success with reversing diabetes, apparently. His concepts might be a little out there for you guys, but I've learned some interesting thing from him over the years, nonetheless (he's a proponent of raw foods).

I also heard last night that there is a video out (rawfor30days.com) that has chronicled a few diabetics giving it a whirl.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

and on ANOTHER note, Doctor Betsy gives me the creeps

Paul said...

Thanks, I'll look Gabriel Cousens up and see if I can find any info that will help her. J's diabetes can't be reversed though as she is a type 1 diabetic, however when we get to the pancreas transplant her diabetes will technically be in stasis.

To be honest, I don't think a raw foods diet would ever work for me, as there is something about the taste of 'burning' that is soooo special to me.

Doctor Betsy heard you and will now haunt your dreams.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Not to harp on the raw thing, but yes...I agree about burnt. Please do not forget that I am a culinary school grad and love all things fat, too ;-)

But if you ever want to talk about it more, let me know. What I did for my own self is just start to add more raw (ie more salads and smoothies and stuff), but not take away the other stuff. Until now. Now I'm doing a 30 day 100% raw thing, just to get out of my system all of the things that medical science has pumped into me for the last for years. After that, I go back to salads and barbeque ;-)