Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Update



Photo: A highland cow on the moor. This is one of J's favorite animals, so if there are any thoughts of gifts this is a winning topic in any medium.

J has being given a lot of anti-nausea drugs over the past few days and is semi-lucid, so has been unable to enjoy the laptop that I got for her. There is not a free Wifi network at the hospital unfortunately, just a password protected hospital 'staff-only' one so I guess web surfing and email are out. I am hoping that she is more awake this evening when I visit her so we can watch Ratatouille which I know she'll love. I also have some of her favorites like the Brak show and Eddie Izzard DVDs...hopefully it'll be better entertainment than the current 'what is my roommate's current mental status' game that she usually plays...

Yesterday her doctor mentioned that her diabetes may be reacting to the dialysis, making her blood sugar skyrocket and putting her at risk of ketoacidosis. I hope this isn't the case...

No comments: