Thursday, November 15, 2007

J general update



Photo: Pancreas angel 'Frank' lectures on the evils of the pancreas with the help of visual aids.

J is doing 'eh' at the moment. They have her so drugged up with Phenergan and Dilaudid that she can hardly talk. It's really frustrating, as my visits with her frustrate both of us, if I talk to her she falls asleep, and when she talks to me she'll fall asleep mid-sentence...and sometimes she's not even talking about anything that makes any sense. She twitches a lot when sleeping, and mimes things constantly so I wonder how much actual rest she gets when this drugged.

To make her day cheerier, they've put in a roommate who is terminal from the sound of it. There are at any given time about 15 people coming in and out to visit her. Very uplifting.

The 'good' news her doctor passed on to her today is that because of the complications of her diabetic situation, she'll be on the top of the list when she's up for the transplant surgery (anywhere from 1-2 years).

I miss her at home...it's still feels like I'm visiting when I'm at home. At least I've got Bob (cat) to whine at me when I'm there.



Photo: My animé rendition of Bob (nicknamed Bjorb by J and I because of his Scandinavian tendencies).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay -- really depressing entry, but I have to say your graphics are two of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. (I think they already anime'd FeeFee during her lifetime -- did you ever see the pokemon Snorlax? hee!)

Paul said...

I've never seen a Snorlax in my life...

AC said...

Snorlax spelled backwards is Xalrons, which makes an excellent robot name :-)

Miss Jessica said...

Happy belated b-day Paul. I just got back from Denver and am catching up on your entries. I love the highland moo cow. I would hug one if I saw it.

Paul said...

Xalrons true identity revealed!! Warning warning warning...

Hug it, eat it...most people have a desire to touch a highland cow in some way.