Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Alarm is premature


Photo: Titular band.

Apparently J and I misunderstood, and 'killing off' her kidneys is the last resort option that they are not pursuing yet. Sorry to get anyone too worried (myself included). The plan is to continue dialysis and see how much the can improve her condition overall first.

J is doing pretty well after all of her dialysis. Over the past 48 hours she's lost about 10 more lbs. of water weight. She appears more energetic and has only been slightly nauseous over the past few days. I hope to watch the rest of Ratatouille with her this evening. The last time we watched it she fell asleep in the middle due to pain meds and was discussing recipes with Remy which was actually pretty funny. It seems that J disagrees strongly with Remy's choice of herbs in his soups.

I'm sad that she will be spending her second Thanksgiving in a row in the hospital. I will be with her Thanksgiving evening...I really hope that she is well enough to come home for Christmas at least. Sunday is our 2nd anniversary and she wants Chinese food so I'll be getting some and trying to set up as much of a nice dinner as I can. It really sucks that we have not had an anniversary outside of the hospital as well...someday we'll make it to St. Orres, which we planned for both anniversaries...



Photo: Unrelated link, sent by a friend. Funny stuff.

2 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Ya know, when I was in the hospital, one night they let Steven and I have a "date night". They had a "family visiting area" with couches and a tv, so that you could see guests and change the scenery a little bit by getting out of your room. On our date night, the staff reserved the room just for us, and the nurses were so cute about it---they did a tablecloth and flowers and if I recall, little chocolate mints LOL. Steven brought Thai food.

Maybe the Kaiser folks have some sort of something??

Paul said...

Oooo...good idea. I'll ask the staff tomorrow.