Friday, October 24, 2008

Jen back in the clutches of the White Robes



Jen has been sick the past few days and vomiting quite a bit. Her blood sugar started to rise even with aggressive insulin treatment at home, so we had to go.

Unfortunately Jen is back in the hospital, but this time I took her to John Muir in Walnut Creek instead of subjecting her to Kaiser. I hope that 'the more the merrier' applies to health care and medical opinions in general. If not, it could also serve to magnify the already overwhelming stupidity found in western medicine's approach to sickness (i.e. if we can't explain it then it must not exist). So it goes with diabetes.

It is my hope that she is back home BEFORE Halloween. It is MONUMENTALLY unfair that she has missed one Halloween due to this, it would be beyond unfair to have her miss 2.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit.
Well, John Muir treated me well when I lost 4 pints of blood, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're good with Jennie as well. Dammit.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Well, shoot! I had just kinda come to the conclusion that "no news was good news" around here a this blog (and I guess I was right). What a drag!!

Well, speaking from experience? John Muir was kinda like Nordstroms. Toootally different than Kaiser.

Keep us posted please!