Wednesday, June 11, 2008

News to squish by


This pink sample of cephalopod Coleoidea of the order Octopoda arrived this week. It made Jen squeal. That is good.

Jen's fistula has been ruled 'acceptable'. This means that her chest port is going to be removed probably by next week. After that it's a week of antibiotics and then on to UCSF!

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”

I ran across this quote from Albert Einstein last week and thought it fitting for the health care industry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great news! I have things to send you guys and will do so soon before Jennie gets moved. In the meantime, I will tell you that the first thing that popped into my head was:

Hooray!
Hooray!
Hooray Hooray Hooray!
The pigs
Have saved
The day, the day, the day!

And while the pig part may not be particularly apropos, it's a cheery little song and one you may not have heard before since you don't have a child who played a brickseller in his kindergarten production of The Three Piggy Opera.

You're not the only one who is into hip music. Happy thoughts to you and Jennie from all of us. kak

Miss Jessica said...

YAY!!!! When is the big move? As soon as next week or are they looking at July?

Muchos besos!!!

Mel M said...

Is any time next week ok to visit, Jen? I was thinking early afternoon Wed or Thurs next week?

That's cool that she's going to UCSF. I might get to see her there myself, soon, since I'm going to be donating a kidney to my dad there on July 1! So I'll be staying over for a few days, myself.

Paul said...

Any time is an OK time to visit, she gets dialysis on Mon-Wed-Fri in the afternoons, so it's best to visit later in the evening on those days.

According to the latest, it looks like she may be moved by late June, early July.

I think that pig song was originally sung by the Dead Kennedys wasn't it?

Donating a kidney?? Wow that's courageous, I salute you!