Monday, May 26, 2008

Woodney and Lemenieu


Jen and I were watching 'The First 48' on A&E a week ago and a suspect's name was 'Woodney Lemenieu'. Jen took an immediate liking to the name and laughed every time it was mentioned. I took the opportunity to paint (I don't paint so it that explains the quality) what 'Woodney Lemenieu' conjured up in my head for Jen's birthday and this was the result. I was asked to post it here, and I couldn't without the explanation. That's all there is. (Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

5 comments:

Robert said...

I like Lemenieu a lot. Woodney is, quite frankly, a little disturbing. But I have to say, I like how you approached it ala Picasso's brown period. The nuances are amazing including the sutle use of wood rings to depict his troubled youth. I hope everybody notices that....

kss said...

"Ha ha -- they're FUNNY!"
says Emma.

Unknown said...

Conor says:

"I totally picked up on Woodney's troubled youth, and appreciate how you were able to make it so subtle, yet vivid. Personally I was struck most by the post-Magritte nihilism reflected in Lemonieu's eyes. Quite evocative. I look forward to your series on Mr. Cholmondley Warner and Grayson. Hullabaloo!"

Paul said...

Good God, can you imagine the nuances I could create if I could actually paint???

Actually I was going for a more subtle 'Thomas Kinkade' feel. After all, nothing says talent like opening nationwide franchised mini-mall shops to sell your 'art'.

Coley said...

Ah, Paul...the painter of light! I almost peed when Jen explained Woodney and Lemenieu. Just fantastic.