Friday, December 28, 2007

J update


Photo: Ayds. The quickest way to lose weight naturally.

J is back up to her 'usual' stable state now, and upstairs again. I am working to get all of her doctors to come together and have a meeting with us so that we can start pushing in a direction to actually get her better so she can go home.

The latest ideas are to basically kill off her kidney function, which would stop the protein spillage she is dealing with now and could possibly help control the nausea by reducing the edema in the lower bowel. In a best case scenario this would allow her to go back on a tube feeding and off of TPN allowing her to come home. The other option is for a gastrectomy, which we are trying to hold off as a last resort.

No new news other than that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So we were going around the table on New Years eve discussing our favorite memories of 2007. While I feel somewhat like a traitor that my favorite memory does not feature my kids or my husband, I have to admit that my hands-down favorite memory of 2007 was when Emily and I came down in May and we had the evening cousinfest, reading The Eye of Orgon and playing Apples to Apples. That was the most fun I have had in ages, and Jennie was close to being at her most vivacious and witty. My wish for 2008 is that we have another one of those evenings. She'll get better. I know she will. Love to you both and best wishes for a MUCH better 2008.

Paul said...

I agree with you...it's one of my high-points too. I remember thinking at the time how fortunate the timing was that you all caught her when you did. I'm positive that we can re-do that in the coming years, it simply has to be done. All our best to you and your family too...and thanks for helping me feel like part of the family this year when Jen wasn't around. It means a lot to me. :)