Thursday, November 8, 2007

Where is my wife please?



Photo: The wonderful sight that greeted me this morning.

Wonderful how hospital staff keep in touch with you. It's a little disconcerting to arrive at the hospital room your wife has been in for over the past 2 months and see an empty bed. It's even more disconcerting to have the nurse in the room say..."Um...I think she went to get some test or something...I don't really know. Let me get her nurse."

Are you @#$%@%^ kidding me??

Turns out she was taken down to get the port put in for dialysis. But I mean, why inform anyone that it is occurring? It obviously just confuses people when you tell them your plans. Maybe it's a secret surgical facility courtesy of Halliburton and for national security reasons I can't know where she is.

ARGH.

And yes, this little bed and the surrounding area is where she has spent the past 11 weeks. Looks fun doesn't it? I try to liven it up with stuffed animals and the like but what it really needs is a decorator...preferably one who didn't graduate from the Soviet School of Cold War Design and Interrogation.

3 comments:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

And I hope that while the decorator is at it, they are mindful enough to put in a wide, comfy, armchair for YOU. I know you aren't in the little box for as much time as J is, but I assume on some level, you've been living there for 11 weeks, too! Least the bums could do is give you a little padding, for crying out loud. From the looks of that hard plastic chair, you better watch out for BedSideSores! LOL

Hoping today's procedure nets positive results.

AC said...

Sheeesh. Sounds like Twilight Zone meets Stepford Nurses.

Paul said...

Yeah...they sometimes wheel out the slightly less smelly version of my grandmothers old recliner.

It certainly feels like the Twilight Zone sometimes.